Storms and the importance of Water


posted by ValeriGail

No comments

You don't really know how much you need that water that drips out of your faucet until it stops dripping completely.  Or how much you depend on the street lights out front till they are off for hours and its completely dark, so dark you don't even know if your eyes are open or closed.  That was our night last night.  We lost power, due to the much needed storm, around 5:00.  We did not get power back till after 9:45.  With the power, also went our water.  Why?  I haven't got a clue.  But the really freaky thing... when the power came back on, and so did the water... there was so much water pressure in the lines that it actually blew the water facet off the side of my house.  No, not kidding.  OFF THE SIDE OF MY HOUSE.  At 10 pm, I had a stream of water shooting 10 feet out of my brick exterior wall. The force of it was so strong that it knocked over a 30 foot metal awning that was leaning against the house.  Let me tell you something, when you know there is no water at all, all of a sudden ever water hating kid in your home suddenly craves every drop of it they can get!  I think I'm gonna have water cut off days, just to see if that will get them to drink it!  ;)  You think I'm kidding?   They were begging me, please mom... Please!  I'm so thirsty!  Like I could make wine into water!

If I could have, I would have been one happy woman and taken a shower, that's for sure! 

This morning after brushing our teeth with bottled water and waiting for the bus, we got to see some awesome lightning displays.  I was able to catch a couple pics in between calling the bus place.  Yep, no bus again today.  But, even that couldn't get me down..  How could it with Lightning, beautiful sunrise, and a Rainbow all in one morning!  Couldn't ask for more than that... not even a missing bus could take away from the wonder of all of that beauty!  Not having water came close, but we rigged up a temporary solution with a spliced water hose and some clamps.  We will see if McGyver holds.  For now though, check out the pics I took this morning!  



Rainbow over the lake.  I wish I could have walked back there before it faded!



The sunrise as I was taking the kids to school.  Awesome.  Really Awesome. 

Of course they are with my Iphone and Hipstamatic and ClassicPan apps.  I need to start slinging the Olympus around my neck every morning, but its just so dang hot still!  When its cooler, I have a tendency to use it more.  The strap on that thing makes me hotter!  Yep, excuses excuse excuses.  I've got tons!  :)   I promise though, there will be more "real" DSLR photos from me in the future.  Just give me a 20 degree drop and its on!

Later, stop by again and check out the pics I'm gonna post of the habitat at the corner of the bulk head.  I walked over there and took some pics this morning.  Drought Drought Drought.  Wow.  You'll see.

Till then!








Leave a Reply