First Day of School!!!


posted by ValeriGail on , ,

No comments

And boy was it ever a mess.  First there was a transportation issue.  The bus department didn't show up to meet the teacher night like they usually do, so half the parents (myself included) had no idea what bus their children should ride.  On top of that, they were not answering their phones either.  And my address... unknown on the system.  Cause I'm special like that, just ask Netflix.

 Livingston High School 8-23-11

So, I have to take the kids and drop them off at school.  Which is cool, cause its the first day and all.  I figure, Picture time anyway, right!  No way, not gonna happen!  I was able to get a nice picture of Dylan's school!  But when we got to the little kid's school, the place was so wrapped up, you couldn't even drive.  The buses, who picked up the kid's who's parents were somehow magically able to get their bus numbers, couldn't get into the bus lanes.  Parents had parked every where and anywhere blocking traffic.  It was seriously insane.  By the time I was half way to the drop off point, my gas light had been flashing for five minutes and I was praying to the almighty that I wouldn't break down in the lane!  So, no first day pictures for us.  Because, yeah... it just wasn't gonna happen! After school was a nightmare too!

But, I did get first second day pictures this morning!   As we waited for the bus that didn't show up!  Yes, you read that right.  For the bus that didn't show up!  Got the kids up at 5:30, get them ready, we head out to the bus stop at 6:20 because the bus driver said 6:30, and we wait.  at 7:15, I loaded them up in the car and we headed to town.  Busy signal all morning for transportation, and the one time it rang they didn't even pick up.  I'm starting to hate them and its only day two.  Not a good thing.  But, I did get some awesome pics.  So, the morning wasn't all that bad.  And the kids had a blast playing before school, and it wasn't terribly hot either!  So there was some plus side to it all. 


Waiting For the Bus


 Ian



Zachary


Katelyn


Hopefully this afternoon goes better than yesterday, and I'm not sitting out there in the heat for an hour and a half waiting on a bus.  But, that is probably how it will go down all week till they get the route all figured out.  I just shake my head and wonder why they even changed it from last  year.  crazy.   Anyway.   Life!  

Till next time!

 

Leave a Reply