Habitat, Drought, Oh my!


posted by ValeriGail on , , , , , , ,

No comments

As I promised yesterday, Here are the pictures of the Natural Habitat down at the end of the bulk head one lot over from us.  Usually, it is home to white and grey Egrets, Black Vultures, A Bald Eagle and a whole host of fish.  And probably a hundred dozen or more other animals I don't even know about.  Oh yeah, and our resident fox.  But right now, on a given day..  we are good to see maybe one Egret, where we used to see a dozen or more.  The Black Vultures used to hang out in such a quantity that there was no way you could count them, and you had this eery feeling that you had just stepped into the twighlight zone.  They haven't been hanging out.  Which is good for my kids toys, no more half eaten rubber duckies.  And I haven't seen our eagle since May. When I saw the area yesterday, I knew why.  Take a look...


There was no beach before, the water went all the way up to the trees.  You had to climb down a little cliff like hill to get to the water...and believe me people do because they think this is the public swimming area.  Now, they've got them selves a nice beach.  But the wild life doesn't have a habitat any more. 




As much as I love the pictures this gave me... It still saddens me greatly.  I wish for rain.  Steady and strong.  Steady and Strong.


Coming up this next week, I've got a special surprise give away that is gonna happen!  You won't wonna mis this!  If you have ever wanted to check out digital scrapbooking, but have been intimidated by the software or its prices, you'll want to check back here next week and see what I've got to say!  I promise! 

Till Next Time!




Leave a Reply