Chicken fried Momma


posted by ValeriGail

No comments

Its been way too long since my last blog post.  I've got a ton of things to talk about.. new pictures, new pages, new products... I've just been running around like a fried chicken hot out of the cooker.  And when I'm not running around, I'm crashed.  It has been a hard health month for me, the heat taking its toll.  So I'm moving slower and thinking slower and getting frustrated.  My creativity was hard to find there for a while too.  I needed a few small personal projects to jump start it so that I could finish some bigger pieces for sale. 

I have new jam flavors!  Bumbleberry (raspberry, strawberry, and blueberry) and Peach... both awesome in their own way and I can not tell which I like better.  One day its bumbleberry by a long shot and the next peach wins easily.  I experimented with stevia and tried to make a no sugar jam using it instead.. but it did not go well.  Main reason, it wasn't a pure stevia but also had dextrose in it.  So I'm on the hunt for pure stevia extract.  Next time I'm in the city, I hope to find some.   Next, I am hoping to make persimmon jam out of the persimmon on my persimmon tree.  When they fully ripen that is! 

This is Trade days weekend... and crazy beyond belief.  At least it isn't as hot as it has been the last two months.  Today, the high was like 96 or something around there.  I printed and matted 30+ photos, and am hopeful that is the key.   Today I sold one coaster and a tile magnet.  But, that was the first coaster and tile magnet I've ever sold..... so progress in its own right!  After Trade days, we transition into a consignment shop.  That is going to be a whole nother world, probably.  I'm looking forward to the shift.  I'll miss seeing all my art hung on my walls.  It was looking really cool in here, I have to say, but sitting here looking pretty doesn't pay the bills.  And Lord knows they keep coming and climbing. 

So, off I go to finish the batch of Peach jam I have waiting to be put in its jars!  I just wanted to update here and let any readers out there know that I am actually still here, just chicken fried and smothered in peach jam!

Till Next Time!

ValeriGail

(Miss my signature!  The external is packed up to go with me to trade days!!)



Leave a Reply