Supplies!


posted by Unknown

No comments

Living in a small town has its advantages.  Its slower paced.  There is less crazy, less commotion, less movement and confusion.  I feel swallowed whole when I live in a big city.  When we were in Fort Worth, I thought I was drowning in all the every day movement.  What everyone else finds exciting and stimulating, I find debilitating.

But, There is something to be said for the occasional trip into the "big city".  That is exciting!  I look forward to the days I get to go spend shopping in stores I don't have access to locally, visiting with family members, eating at places I don't other wise get to enjoy.  Its quite lovely.  Yesterday was one of those days!  My Mother in law and I drove into our "Big City" of choice, my three youngest kids in tow, and hit a few stores picking up supplies.  It was a challenging day, and though I wish it had gone a lot better than it did..... it still had its enjoyable moments!  We spent some time visiting with my sister in law, which is always a delight.  We had lunch with my husband on his lunch break, which I never get to do since he works an hour away.  We visited a craft fair in an assisted living home, and had a crazy good time there with the residence!  My mother in law bought the cutest crocheted pink hat that is going to be the talk of the town this winter, I swear!  The "store" shopping wasn't even the highlight of the day!  Though I did come back with goodies that I can't wait to use!!  And of course, because this is me, I took pictures!!!!

See Goodies!  I've got all kinds of stuff here, just waiting to play! I've already used the Freezer paper to print directly onto fabric with my new epson printer, and WOW I'm in love with that method.  Seriously.. way cool.  I bought some more canvas, trying to give that more of a go.  Those are pencil bags that I am going to but some pictures on.. back to school item for the coming craft fair!  Under the paint are two place mats that I love and want to cut up and use as texture in some of the art work!  Found them at the dollar store!!!  Don't even know if that will work, but I'm gonna give it a go!  also in there some were are some gripper pads that are made out of that shelf lining stuff that I'm gonna use as paint stamps!  too much fun stuff!

 New Paints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  But I totally forgot the white!!! Thankfully my Sis is picking that one up for me tomorrow morning.  How in the word does someone forget white paint???  No, that isn't white standing there, its a nice lovely shade of cream.  :)

This is my one cool find at Goodwill.  I have a rule when I go in there.  I can only buy the thing or things that WOW me.  If it doesn't WOW me and I can't think of how I can use it... it doesn't get bought.  So.. I went in, and walked and walked and walked and NOTHING was doing it... and then I found this tucked into the napkins.  And yes it WOWed me instantly.  How am I gonna use it.  Well first, I have to protect it from my mother in law who is trying to take it, then I think it will end up in an art work of some sort.  Or scanned in, or both.  Not sure yet.  But I love love love it.  And you know how much this wonderful piece of beautiful linen cost me????   $.53!  Can't beat that!


Till next time!

Leave a Reply