New Scrap Layouts!


posted by Unknown on , , ,

No comments

It feels like forever since I sat down and just scraped.  It felt good to be able to do that over the last two days.  Here are two pages I completed.

First up, is Drive Big Cars.  This is a layout inspired by a conversation between my now 15 year old son and myself in the car.  He informed me that now that he is 15, he could get his permit to drive... and it totally took me by surprise.  Not in the "I didn't know that" sort of way, but in the  "oh my I'm not ready" way.


 I scrapped this page using Beautiful Mess 2 by Cilenia Curtis.  Such a Wonderful kit, that was perfect for the page I wanted to create here.  I love all the colors, the browns and teals (not sure that is the exact name to give) are some of my most fav combinations, and all the texture in the kit is awesome. 

The Second Layout is on a more fun side.  I've been wanting to scrap these photos for over a year now.  When I opened this kit, and started searching for a photo... I knew they were the ones!

I created this page using Betty Jo Martin's Fascar kit.  Geared perfectly for little boy layouts, I found that it was also perfect for the inner children that came bursting forth in all my grown ups in this layout!  Love the flag string element, I think its my favorite!  I had to use it!

An interesting find today!

A few months back I was approached by someone from GingerScrapstreet Magazine asking to publish two of my layouts.  I submitted them, and then checked the edition they were suppose to be in.  They were not published.  So, I figured she decided to pass on them.   Today, I decided to check the latest edition of the magazine, which has been out almost a full month now, and guess what I find?  One of my layouts was indeed actually published!!  A nice little exciting find today! 

So If you have an interest to see, take a look!  It is in GingerScrapStreet Magazine, Page 11 at the very bottom!  Can't miss it, its the Hipstamatic app layout.  Has my name, and my style screaming all over it!  ;)

Leave a Reply